Saturday, January 15, 2011

Open Hearts

Wouldn't it be nice if we could say how we really feel? While talking to a friend (you know who you are. smile.) they had said that even though they thought a person knew how they felt it was hard to actually tell them. Why do we build up so many walls between people? What if we just came out with exactly what we were feeling? When we're asked how we're doing we say something like fine, or good. What if we said you know what, I'm having a rough time because.. or I am really happy since...? What if we were able to walk up to someone and say you are pretty remarkable and I like you a lot? Imagine how much that would change everything! If people opened their hearts and weren't afraid to be faced with the thought of being rejected or being judged. I wonder what kind of world we would live in. If it would make things better or worse or maybe it really wouldn't make a difference.

I will try this idea out and we can see what happens. I am inspired to make an effort to be honest with myself and with others around me. In turn, I am no one to judge the people who have courage to say what needs to be said sometimes. I want to open my heart and let people in and give a little of myself to those who inspire me. I want to become an honest person, one that isn't thought of as ever being "two-faced." Maybe one day my heart will be opened, I will have no walls built up, I will not be afraid of being judged or rejected, and I will honest not only to others but to myself also. It could happen.

2 comments: